Thursday, March 7, 2013

YES FINALLY ARGH




You guys...these turned out amazingly well. Even though I totally used lamo Target strawberries, because oh I don't know, I didn't want to pay $9 at Bristol Farms. See, you can't even tell:



Well, maybe I shouldn't be so amazed. I ACTUALLY CAN BAKE, YOU KNOW. EVERYTHING USUALLY TURNS OUT SWIMMINGLY. These last few battles, though, have really done a number on my confidence.

ANYWAY. The point is, STRAWBERRY & CREAM BISCUITS. And they're delightful. Like, beyond delightful. I actually didn't bring them into work because I knew I wanted to scarf them at home with a cup of tea.

Also, a quick sidenote: as I've noted here before, I'm the Midnight Baker. My usual routine is to bake when I'm bored after work, right? So last night, I decided to squeeze these biscuits in after flouncing off to go see A Good Day to Die Hard because NO ONE WOULD GO WITH ME.  Turns out, everyone else had the right idea. I was probably too excited by the poster tagline (Yippee-kai-yay, Mother Russia), and it got my hopes up for the rest of the movie.

Protip: PLOT. Kind of a thing. Barely linking together explosions and gun fights does not a plot make.

So, my point is, strawberry and cream biscuits make everything better. I wasn't about to buy $6 organic unsalted butter from Target, so I used regular salted butter and fudged the salt the recipe called for.

15 minutes later, and BOOM. Perfection.

I think next time I'll try uber-ripe garden/farmer's market berries. Mine weren't super juicy so while the biscuit itself is gently redolent of strawberry, I'd like to see what would happen if I were a little less subtle.
Which is funny, because I'm not exactly a subtle kinda gal.

To wit, me and my strawberry-cream biscuits:
Panda

Sorry, work people. These are staying in the Haight.

1 comment: